Wednesday, January 27

Should I

Alone with my thoughts I stand on a platform, waiting
On my back I feel a sensation that makes me uneasy
Paranoia takes hold of my mind
Energy flows from unseen eyes
I turn
Locked in the gaze of a stranger
Her eyes are focused on me
Or am I mad
This cannot be
She stares at me or something beyond
There is no question who her eyes see
Social standards dictate I should speak first
Hesitation
Reservations
Nervousness
Stifled breath
Swallow your pride
Forget your insecurities
She is waiting
She probes the gateway to my soul, searching for my answer
Will I engage
The train screeches to a halt
I must get on
I must talk to her
Two different directions, one choice
The doors close
She slips into the past
A distant memory of a potential future that will never be haunts this man with a profound melancholy


Every single day we have at least one opportunity to engage another person- to connect with them. Whether it be for romantic aspirations, friendship, or simply small talk until your train arrives or the elevator stops on your floor, ask yourself this question: should I engage this person? Follow your heart, it will lead you to a future you have dreamed of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment