Thursday, January 21

Lost in a Dream

Thoughts race around me while I stand still
Heavy feet stumble in a daze
Nervous and awkward steps move me to closer to an unknown future
While the past slowly slips out of sight and out of mind

A fast and heavy beat against my chest deafens my ears
Shadows of people pass quickly by my blind eyes
I withdraw to the comfort and security of my shell
How did I become lost in this obscure and clouded dream?

A residual pest continues to gnaw away at the power of my will
Exhale
Light fractures the darkness in the corner of my eye
Birds are heard singing to the blueness of our beloved sky

A deep inhale
A slow exhale

The breath of life fills my lungs
Hope enters my mind
Water passes my lips
Energy revitalizes my body

A deep inhale
A slow exhale

The breath of life envelopes my being and calms my aching soul

1 comment: