Thursday, January 5

Red Dream


 I stand in a house full of people, and noise.

All around me the chatter, the chaos of multiple conversations, rattles my ears with nonsense

I feel a hand grasp my wrist tightly

A familiar face, one that I wished to never see again, fills my vision with a blind rage

She makes a snide comment about “how good it is to see me”; she laughs at the pain on my contorted face

Anger overwhelms my senses; control over my actions disappears; the base instincts of my inner demon are unleashed upon her

I seize her by the throat, and slam the back of her head against the nearby brick wall

She disappears

Blood drips from the mortar

A man stands before me, mocking my emotionally charged reaction

He warns me of the consequences that will be imposed upon me soon

A door appears in the previously solid brick wall

That voice, who is that speaking to me?

I turn to see a hallway of a highly respected judge

Out of the office at the end of the hallway appears a face I cannot suffer now

Out of the office at the end of the hallway appears a man of extraordinary quality

I am pulled within a meter of his person

Anxiety grips my heart

Anger seizes my mind

He is trying to stop me

I turn to run

Marshall asks, “Where did you learn the Sugar Ray?”

He references a dance that is only familiar to me in this realm

My feet are already moving

“I am going to fuck that dude up.”

His temporary grip on my arm slips away, and he shakes his head in disappointment

I arrive at the wall to meet the gatekeeper

He tells me there is only one way out

With a wave of his hand the wall becomes transparent, revealing the unbelievable world outside

A door slides back and forth on the wall, waiting for a key

“How do I open it? Where is the key?”

Silently he points to the floor

Silently a stairwell appears

I walk hesitantly down thirteen stairs

At the bottom two dark rooms are visible

A clown a meter tall appears in the doorway perpendicular to the stairs

His sharp teeth gnash, and saliva drips from his carnivorous mouth

His claws come out from their hiding spot beneath the skin of his knuckles

Fear is non-existent

I wave the pathetic creature away nonchalantly; I am busy

Nothing appears in the doorway directly in front of me

I inhale deeply and enter the lightless void

Stumbling and tripping I let my feet keep me moving forward

An extremely brief reflection of light on the pitch black ground catches my eye

My hand touches the cold metal of a key

I am free



No comments:

Post a Comment