Friday, June 5

A passionate moment in time

Last night Neil and I went on a hike up the living room. On the way down we started to jog; I found a rhythm with my breathing and my movements that coincided with the natural flow of the trail as I went downhill.

For the first time in years I was able to achieve a full stride. My back foot was still on the ground; my calf extended, tight, flexed.  My front leg was completely extended forward like someone who is marching- my leg perpendicular to my abdomen; which was vertical while my leg was horizontal. I was at my limit, my full stretch. My body was completely extended. I was running as fast as I could.


The movements of my body felt natural, they were elegant, controlled, and so precise. It made me happy. The intense passion that overwhelmed me in that moment leaves me in awe. For an instant I had a symbiosis with nature; I felt connected to this world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment