Tuesday, January 6

Out of Body out of Mind

An experience of consciousness

The journey home tonight was dangerous due to people who did not have any attention on those around them. Three people would have collided with my vehicle had I not noticed these incredulous individuals. Our encounters left my nerves peaked and the hunger in my stomach heightened my emotions. Ferdinand had decided to “play” with his toy basket and a pillow from my bed. When I arrived home to the mess he had made I was furious. He was disciplined in a non-physical manner and it left me drained. A bath seemed to be the best idea to calm my nerves after dinner. Lemon bath salts were added to the water. Dragonfly started to play on the portable speaker Pablo let me borrow.

Hot water kissed my feet with scorched lips. Quickly the rest of my body was submerged to acclimate to the warmth. It spread throughout my body instantly; I was subdued. Music resonated from one water molecule to the next and was distorted by the time it reached my ears insomuch that it was entirely different. Certain notes were lost in the water completely, and others gained volume and intensity. Meditation was all I could think of. My breath slowed to a crawl.

Every inhale which followed the last became slower and longer. Every exhale seemed to pull me further away from the tub I laid in. Oxygen began to fill my diaphragm past what I had previously conceived its capacity was. Melodies and accompaniments dwindled into silence. Percussion in the music dominated my hearing. Boom, boom, ba-ba-boom; it fell on me like a house.

A familiar sound unlike any percussion instrument I have heard echoed in my ears. Out of the darkness on the back of my eyelids a shape began to form. As it drew closer to the vision of my subconscious mind I realized instantly it was a human heart that was still beating; I was pulled from the water as if someone had a hold of the collar of my shirt and yanked me upward, (I was still naked). Ferdinand stood outside of the tub whimpering out of concern. I reassured him everything was alright and I would be back soon; I fell back under the water. Wizard on Eleventh began to play as the water swallowed me again.

Suddenly I was prompted to raise my arms to the sky, spread my fingers and stretch them as far toward the heavens as I could. Involuntarily my hands formed the consummate “V”. Out of the darkness on the back of my eyelids a ball of yellowish-white light fell into my open hands. Unwittingly I cupped my hands; palms facing my chest; and drew them over my heart. As this was repeated for a third time a heavy fatigue overtook my mind. A profound solace touched my soul with an intense energy that overwhelmed my senses with joy and I wept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment