Monday, January 12

Hell and Her Fury

Hell and Her Fury

A person whom I considered to be a friend has shown me why she could never be. We planned to have our dogs play with one another on Sunday, January 11th, 2015. Before we left for the park Camberly and I waited at my house for Brian to arrive. Ferdinand was extremely stimulated by her appearance, and when Brian arrived with his canine (who was still in heat) my dog was unable to control himself. I attempted several times to state commands and he continued to be disobedient. She attempted to discipline my dog before I had a chance. In his eyes I could see the look of a child being directed at me, as if to say, “I am going to get away with things while she is here”.

A disciplinary tactic was implemented which found Ferdinand with his side on the ground and my left palm over the tuft of fur on the back of his neck. He was motionless and unharmed by the maneuver. Camberly screamed a blood curdling cry of disapproval and lunged forward in an attempt to get me to stop. I pushed her hand away and instructed her to stop while I implemented his discipline. She was irate by my reaction and stormed out of the house. Her immediate concern was understandable because of the two yelps which my dog did let out; however, she was not aware the yelp was not a sound of injury, but rather a yelp for help; he wanted her to save him from the discipline I was about to impose.

I can say without hesitation I am very happy this happened. She no longer is a friend because of how she reacted. Her inability to stay calm when faced with uncomfortable and disagreeable conditions appalled me. 
Stress must be endured; it is the only way you can gain strength. When you lose sight of what you want because of heightened emotions it cripples your ability to compromise. She was not willing to communicate properly and effectively. Not only is it painstakingly obvious she is not a very good friend, it is very clear now that she has not had very many friends because of her weak social skills. Her actions were rash and disrespectful.

When I let Brian know of her decision to report me to Animal Services he was stunned. He mentioned she was going through tough times right now and her decision was obviously affected by her current emotional and psychological condition. Although I do agree, the fact she was not able to contact me before going to the authorities aggravates me. By doing so she clarified her lack of respect for me as a person and canine owner. His comments provoked this thought:  Hell hath no fury like an unrequited lover’s scorn.


Camberly’s affection might have contributed to the result of this situation because I have not returned her feelings toward me. Sadly, I think I am going to be the man she loved who never loved her back. What causes sadness in my heart is I will know her no more. With her callous decision she chose to end our relationship. I will miss you Camberly and wish you a beautiful life full of joy and struggle. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment