Friday, October 10

Failure

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.
Booker T. Washington

I look down to see the ground as I fall

Failed attempts to reach my own success weigh me down
In my sorrow I am bound
Feeling hopeless and alone overwhelms me with regrets
All my thoughts are consumed by a self-critical analysis

Defeated, I wither into a more comfortable and secure, fetal position
Lost in the fog of despair I am blind to what I cannot see
Inside the haze are the keys to set me free
My head swims against the current of my self-contempt
The madness of misery has stopped my will to invent

Shadows creep at my side
Immaculately beautiful-eternal and infinite-blue eyes stare into my soul
An angel descended from the heavens; here to unify two halves whole
I am lifted out of grief by her wings
Every fiber of my being sings

She willingly helps carry my burden
I have lived for 10240 days
Yet, it was not until today I would admit the error of my ways
Through her eyes I gain profound clarity
I now see the love given unto me from friends and family

No comments:

Post a Comment