Tuesday, July 26

Hues on the horizon

On my way to work I was able to witness a breath taking sunrise which provoked me to write this.


My love affair with nature is deepening. Riding in my two-thousand pound death trap, I was given a window into her beauty that lasted on moments in the span of her existence.

Hues on Horizon
Waking from my slumber
I grab my plastic number
I head out the door
To join my brothers and sisters in the human war

Sitting behind the wheel 
Of this coffin made of plastic and steel
I contemplate my existence
Which makes me wonder; why no resistance?

Moving down the road
I yearn for the comfort of my humble abode
When I was given a window
Into her beautiful show

Hues on the horizon
Free me from my sin
Light the center of my eyes
With your vibrancy reaching into the midst of the skies

Brothers of blue
Beginning from you
Introduce a purple frame
To contain the pink name

In the hues on the horizon
Dancing above this denizen
Brighten my eyes with your beautiful skies
So this human trial, which has left so many in denial
Of the infinite beauty of her smile will no longer defile
You with our ignorance
About the eternal bliss
Awaiting us if we accept her kiss
Which will remove us from this

Hues on the horizon
Doing my eyes in
With the awe and wonder
Your power has to tear my heart asunder

For this banal life that has caused you so much strife
I am sorry for my trespass, I have returned for class
To be taught once more how it feels to adore
The unblemished purity in the grace of your sanctuary
So my humanity will no longer be a travesty

Hues on the horizon light my escape from this prison.
With your spectrum of hope show me the scope this fallacy of reality-created by the incredulity in humanity-has transformed your home into a degradation of the affirmation of life eternal so that I may take my responsibility in the reconstruction of the fertility of the utility of my humanity within this immaculately constructed reverie.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love to read your writing. Keep it coming. I had to read your last paragraph about 10 times :) Pretty deep stuff going on there. I really liked the rhythm the last paragraph had going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is my favorites so far. You defiantly are in tune with the earth and you don't take it for granted, so good for you! Its good to know people who appreciate beautiful creations of the planet. Isn't It amazing that from earth we can see other big planets, and that seeing them is part if our daily routine? I mean seeing the sun, moon, and stars is a pretty big deal! The Egyptians were such see thinkers when it came to the other planets in the Universe! It's so far off into the universe, but some people don't appreciate it. Thanks for writing this poem. Nature never presents it's self twice the same way. Every day it's different when it comes to our nature surroundings.

    ReplyDelete